Tuesday, September 8, 2009

My Very First Entry!

Well Hello and welcome to my Blog! :D

I'm Brieanna Tellier and this is my second year at RIC. I'm majoring in Elementary Education, I'm not really sure what I want to concentrate in yet, but I'm thinking of Social Studies and Special ED. I always said I wanted to be an elementary school teacher, I even dressed up like a teacher for occupation day in kindergarten, but when I originally picked a major for some reason I changed my mind and went with Secondary Ed, but about a month into my first semester I change my mind and switched to Elementary.

So far this semester is going pretty good, I'm enjoying this year so far much more than last year. It is nice now to at least recognize some familiar faces when I walk into a class plus I have some people that I went to high school with in my classes, which makes adjusting to a new class a little bit easier. My classes all seem like they are going to be pretty interesting, which is always a plus.

When I'm not in class I'm usually dancing. I started dancing around 2 1/2 and haven't stopped since. I've done all different types of dance: jazz, tap, acro, hip hop, and lyrical but my favorite type of dance would probably have to be tap, there is nothing better than putting on a pair of tap shoes and stomping out your frustrations on the dance floor :). When I was in the 3rd grade my mom started a dance program at my elementary school (Thornton Elementary) and I started helping her teach the younger students. When I was about 12 I started teaching my own classes, and though there are days when my mom and I come home from class completely exhausted but I can't imagine my life without it. Seeing those kids go from barely knowing their left foot from their right, to performing an entire dance in the recital at the end of the year is one of the most rewarding experiences.

Other than dancing I love music (I play the clarinet), I love musicals (I was part of the drama club and in productions throughout high school...I'd love to be part of theater here at RIC but I am too chicken to go audition >.<), I love going to the movies, watching TV (I have an unhealthy obsession with Jon & Kate Plus 8 hehe) and hanging with my friends.

Well that's basically it for now, I would much rather go on and on some more but I really need to get to some homework...yuck!
Thanks for reading!

2 comments:

  1. OH MA GAWD. YOU HAVE A WEBSITE??
    <3 girlfriend

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhh Kat. Only you would come and comment on my blog for school.

    ReplyDelete